Mutianyu Great Wall located in Huairou County 70 km northeast of central Beijing. The Wall of Mutianyu is connected with Jiankou in the west and Lianhuachi in the east. As one of the best-preserved parts of the Great Wall, Mutianyu section used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs. First built in the mid-6th century during the Northern Qi, the Mutianyu section is older than the Badaling section of the Great Wall. During the Ming dynasty, under the supervision of General Xu Da, construction of the present wall began, building over the past wall.
In 1404, a pass built in the wall. In 1569, the Mutianyu Great Wall rebuilt and till today most parts of it are well preserved. The Mutianyu Great Wall has the most significant construction scale and best quality among all sections of Great Wall. Follow your knowledgeable guide along the wondrous weave of the wall and marvel at the 2- or 3-story towers from ancient origins. Admire spectacular views of the Chinese countryside and gain a fascinating insight into this magnificent monument. Sip bottled water and capture fantastic photographs throughout your exploration and note the perpetually changing perspective achieved by dipping gradients and steep inclines.
* Transport: Private Car/Bus
* Meals: Countryside-style food at local farmer’s restaurant
* Guide: English speaking, highly trained professional local guide
* Entrance fees: Mutianyu Great Wall
* Travel insurance
* local facilities: Cable car, chairlift, toboggan (slideway) and flyingfox (zipline).
* Personal expenses
* Tipping of hiking guide/driver recommended on good service