Tel:  +86 20 8331 2843
+86 20 8331 3156
Fax: +86 20 8331 2845
Home > China Visas
Based on current visa regulations everyone with an ordinary passport needs a visa for a visit to China except nationals of Brunei, Japan and Singapore who are allowed to visit for 15 days without a visa.

Ordinary China visas are divided into the following categories:

Tourist Visa (L-visa) is issued to a foreign citizen who comes to China for tourist purpose, family visit or other personal affairs.

Business Visa (F-visa ) is issued to a foreign citizen who is invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, exchanges in the fields of science, technology, education, culture and sports, or attending various kinds of trade fairs or exhibitions, or short-term study, intern practice for a period of less than six months.

Transit Visa (G-visa) is issued to a foreign citizen who is to transit through China on his or her way to a third country (or region) and is valid a 7 day stay.

Also available are: Student Visa (X-Visa), Work Visa (Z-visa), Crew Visa(C-visa), Journalist Visa (J-visa), Permanent Residence Visa(D-visa)

Number of Entries: Generally issued for a single, double or multiple entry visit.

Validity of Visa: A single entry Chinese visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issue and a double entry visa is valid for 6 months. A China visa holder must enter China before the expiration date for the visa to remain valid.

Duration of Stay: The duration of stay is specified on a Chinese visa. Chinese visa holders must not stay beyond the specified date without extending their visas.

Special Notes:
Travellers wishing to visit Hong Kong and Macau should check at the Chinese Embassy website in their home counties to see if they also need a visa to visit these Special Administrative Regions (SAR).

Travellers wishing to travel to Tibet while on a visit to China need to first apply for a China visa UNLESS entering from Nepal where they need to apply directly at the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu.

If you plan to visit Tibet you need to get a China visa first but you should NOT mention any Tibetan cities on your application. Once you receive the China visa you can then apply for a Tibet Permit by sending a copy of your visa and passport details to a registered Chinese travel agency to apply on your behalf.
China Visa Requirements:
- 1 Passport with more than 6 months of validity left.
- 1 Application form (usually available online)
- 1-2 visa/passport size photos (not smaller than 1.5”x2” or 3.8cm x 5cm)
- 1 Invitation letter from a Chinese agency or hotel reservations and flight ticket.
- Visa fee
- Some embassies ask for 1 or 2 photocopies of your passport photo page
Tibet Permits
Permits are issued only for travellers taking individual or group tours operated by a tour operator in China. Journalists and diplomats are not authorized to visit Tibet as tourists. Their visit should be arranged through the Foreign Affairs office.
The following permits are needed for most travel to Tibet.
Tibet Entry Permit - Issued by the Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB) and is needed for entry to Tibet by plane, train or vehicle.
Aliens Travel Permit – Issued by the Public Security Bureau and is needed for most places tourist will visit while in Tibet.
Miltary Permit – Issued by Military Bureau for visits going through sensitive areas or border regions including trips to Mt Kailash, overland journeys from Sichuan to Tibet and overland from Tibet to Kashgar in the west of China
If entering Tibet from Nepal then an individual or group visa will be issued at the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu usually handled through a local Nepali travel agency.
Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | FAQs | Contact Us | Site Map